Thursday, June 2, 2011

Special flowers.....2 years later

2 years ago today, Rick planted these flowers for me. These weren't just any flowers, they were beautiful hydrangeas that our dear friends Beth & Kyle sent to my dad's memorial service. Beth & Kyle have NO IDEA how much this meant to me and how much these flowers STILL mean to me every time I look at them. The day after the services, I could hardly catch my breath so Rick took another day off work to stay home with me. That day, he said "Do you want me to plant these flowers for you?" I said "YES!". He did have one stipulation, that if the flowers didn't make it, I couldn't blame him. It was possibly one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Last year there were leaves but no blooms, and this year look how gorgeous they are (and 3 times the size they were the day they arrived)!







Now every time I look at this sweet plant, I think of my amazing friends, Beth & Kyle, my sweet husband, and my crazy dad. WHAT A GIFT!!!! I still can't believe it's been 2 years since my dad left us. Feels like he is still @ Manhattan Grill feeding the chickens and making everyone laugh.

No comments: