Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mississippi Day 3, PASCAGOULA MARDI GRAS

Saturday morning we woke up and sadly checked out of the Hard Rock heading to Pascagoula. First stop, EDD's chili cheese burger! Best thing in Goula. YUMMY!!!! I crave ccb from Edd's all the time, and get so excited when I actually get one. Then we headed to the parade with all my friends. Rick met about 400 people, my friends from high school, my parents friends from hs, my brothers' friends from hs, and wives, husbands, kids, etc. He says he remembers about half of their names. In Pascagoula this is the biggest day of the year. More people come home for this than Christmas. We had a blast, and the weather was beautiful, Rick even got a little sunburn. After all day celebrating, we ended with Waffle House, and off to bed at Ashley & Lindsey's. It was a FABULOUS weekend, got to see all of my family, and friends, and introduce them all to Rick. He may be a little scared, but I am really glad he got to see where I came from and the people and places that made me who I am.

No comments: