Friday, April 3, 2009

Bridesmaid dress #10


I got my 10th, yes I said 10th, bridesmaid dress in the mail. The funniest thing is I still have probably 5 good friends that are not married, so I feel like I will probably top out at 15 dresses. I do have to admit, I LOVE being a bridesmaid, and I am quite the pro these days. I love the pageantry, the tradition, and the honor of being a part of such special day in a couples new life together. Not to mention how special you feel that they WANT you to be a part of that special day, and they will remember you being there for the rest of their lives. By the way, yes I still have all the dresses. I remember Traci and I playing dress up in our mom's old bridesmaid dresses all the time, so I guess I am saving them for Lilly to play dress up.

This particular dress is for my step-sister Carrie's wedding in Little Rock, AR, April 25. This will be Rick's first trip to ole Arkansas, and we are looking forward to all the festivities.

2 comments:

The Sparrow said...

Did it fit? What size did you end up ordering? I hope those few pounds you say you put on don't mess it up...although those extra lbs are quite invisible to the rest of the world. And I can't wait to see Lilly dress up in all those dresses. Maybe we can get SG to play along just long enough for a pic. This makes 3 or 4 brown ones now?

Mississippi Candice said...

Yes it fit, but just BARELY!! On the bright side, no $80 alterations. And I am going to the gym a little, so maybe I will lose a puond. This makes my 4th brown dress. Must be the "IN" thing these days.