Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Being the Bigger Person

I have found recently how good it feels to be the bigger person. Sitting around dwelling on the past, and sinking to someone else's level, gets you no where. It is much easier to move on and make your self happy if you let things go and focus on the future. Don't get me wrong, this is not an easy task at times, but I promise you will feel better. The past makes you who you are, so you can't just forget it, but you also can't live in it. I have just closed a chapter in my life, and I feel great about it. As I have said before, everything happens for a reason. That has been so clear to me as of recent. My mom told me yesterday that people show true character in the hard times, not the good. That is another thing that has been VERY clear as of recent. I have seen both the good and the bad from different people. I was totally impressed by the respect gained by the good, and amazed by the respect lost for the bad. With all of this said, I am very excited about what the future holds.

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

Yes, I agree. The side effect one last year, or one of the many I should say, was learning all about our "friends" and who was real, and I will say it hurt when I was disappointed but we have been much better off in the long run. My hairdresser calls it "Trimming the Fat" ha